收起左侧

[英文] 《The Skylark of Space》作者: - E. E. Smith & Lee Harkins Garby 【EPUB】

关闭 [复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-9-4 10:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Skylark of Space ?? E.E. “Doc” Smith ?? ?? e-book scanned proofed and formatted by BookWurm ?? ?? This novel first appeared in a slightly altered form as a three-part serial beginning in the August 1928 issue of Amazing Stories. ?? ?? by Edward Elmer Smith????????in collaboration with Lee Hawkins Garby ?? ?? THE SKYLARK OF SPACE ?? This edition was published by Pyramid Books in May 1958. ?? The Pyramid edition of THE SYLARK OF SPACE was specially revised by the author. ?? PYRAMID BOOKS are published by Pyramid Publications A Division of The Walter Reade Organization Inc. 444 Madison Avenue New York New York10022 USA. ?? Chapter 1 ?? PETRIFIED with astonishment Richard Seaton stared after the copper steam-bath upon which amoment before he had been electrolyzing his solution of quotXquot the unknown metal. As soon as hehad removed the beaker with its precious contents the heavy bath had jumped endwise from underhis hand as though it were alive. It had flown with terrific speed over the table smashing adozen reagent-bottles on its way and straight on out through the open window. Hastily settingthe beaker down he seized his binoculars and focused them upon the flying bath which now tothe unaided vision was merely a speck in the distance. Through the glass he saw that it didnot fall to the ground but continued on in a straight line its rapidly diminishing size aloneshowing the enormous velocity at which it was moving. It grew smaller and smaller. In a fewseconds it disappeared. Slowly lowering the binoculars to his side Seaton turned like a man in a trance. He stareddazedly first at the litter of broken bottles covering the table and then at the empty spaceunder the hood where the bath had stood for so many years. Aroused by the entrance of his laboratory helper he silently motioned him to clean up thewreckage. quotWhat happened doctorquot quotSearch me Dan. . . . wish I knew myselfquot Seaton replied absently lost in wonder at whathe had just seen. Ferdinand Scott a chemist from an adjoining laboratory entered breezily. quotHello Dicky thought I heard a rack—Good Lord What you been celebrating Had an explosionquot quotUh-uh.quot Seaton shook his head. quotSomething funny—darned funny. I can tell you what happenedbut thats all.quot He did so and while he talked he prowled about the big room examining minutely everyinstrument dial meter gauge and indicator in the place. Scotts face showed in turn interest surprise and pitying alarm. quotDick boy I dont know whyyou wrecked the joint and I dont know whether that yarn came out of a bottle or a needle butbelieve me it stinks. Its an honest-to-God bottled-in-bond stinkeroo if I ever heard one.Youd better layoff the stuff whatever it is. Seeing that Seaton was paying no attention to him Scott left the room shaking his head. Seaton walked slowly to his desk picked up his blackened and battered briar pipe and satdown. What could possibly
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 17:35 , Processed in 1.334490 second(s), 54 queries .