标题: 《Rim Rim Of Space》作者: - A. Bertram Chandler【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-9-5 19:21
标题: 《Rim Rim Of Space》作者: - A. Bertram Chandler【EPUB】
THE RIM OF SPACEScanned by Aristotle 1Slowly and carefully-as befitted her years which were many-the star tramp Caliban dippped down toPort Forlorn. Calver her Second Mate looked out and down from the control room view-ports to theuninviting scene below to the vista of barren hills and mountains scarred by mine work-ings to the greatslag heaps that were almost moun-tains themselves to the ugly little towns each one of which wasdominated by the tall smoke-belching chimneys of factories and refineries to the rivers that even fromthis altitude looked like sluggish streams of sewage. So this he thought is Lorn industrial hub of the Rim Worlds. This is the end of the penny section. This is where I§g t °ff- Theres no further to go . . . Captain Bowers satisfied that the ship was riding down easily and safely under automatic controlturned to his Second Officer. quotAre you sure that you want to pay off here Mr. Calverquot he asked. quotAreyou quite sure Youre a good officer and wed like to2 A. BERTRAM CHANDLERkeep you. The Shakespearian Line mightnt be up to Commission standards but its not a bad outfit ...quot quotThank you sirquot replied Calver raising his voice slightly to make himself heard over the subduedthunder of the rockets quotbut Im sure. I signed on in Elsinore with the understanding that I was to be paidoff on the Rim. The Thirds quite capable of taking over.quot quotYou want your head readquot grunted Harris the Mate. quotPerhapsquot said Calver. And perhaps I do he thought. How much of this is sheer masochism this flight from the warm worlds of the Centerto these desolate Rim planets Could

欢迎光临 (https://admin.zazww.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2